- Public Forum
- Watch Talk
- Brand Forums A-H
- Brand Forums I-Z
- Guidelines and User Agreement
- Lost Password
- Search TimeZone
- Only Watch
- Inserting Images
- TZ Archives
- TZ Tool Shop
- TZ Watch School
- Vintage Watch Ads
- Watch of the Year
- Watch Repair
- Wristwatch FAQ
- Site Map
TimeZone General Guidelines and User Agreement
Welcome to TimeZone.com! TimeZone is the world’s leading English language website offering wristwatch discussion, information, news, and education. Please note that while TimeZone covers a broad range of subjects, not every watch-related topic is appropriate for this site, and we ask that visitors familiarize themselves with the following Guidelines before using the site. Your use of www.timezone.com, incorporating www.watchnet.com, is subject to the following General Guidelines and User Agreement, which you are deemed to accept by using either website.
1. Please express yourself in a polite and respectful manner and tone. Inappropriate posts and posts that do not meet our standards for acceptable discourse may be removed. Do not post or include in your avatar or signature inappropriate or offensive images.
2. Always use the same screen name and do not impersonate others. Do not create multiple screen names. Screen names may not reference your business (except for our sponsors), commercial web sites or trademarked names.
3. Do not collect e-mail addresses or post personal information about people, or send anyone insulting or upsetting private messages, e-mail or spam. Do not include or embed in any post any applet, script, object, application, or code of any kind that captures, copies, or collects information.
4. Do not buy, sell, advertise, or promote except as allowed in Sales Corner and TZ Showcase. Do not make posts advertising inventory or items for sale at dealers. If you have items for sale, do not discuss or post images of items on the discussion forums. When selling on TimeZone, be sure to read and follow the Sales Corner and TZ Showcase Guidelines and Supplemental Guidelines. TimeZone management will consider posting watch-related help wanted ads in appropriate forums. If you would like to post such an ad, please e-mail the particulars to Jessica.
5. Please post dealer inquiries, experiences and feedback at the Watchnet.com Good Guys and Deal Watch boards. Limit reference checks on TimeZone to current Sales Corner and TZ Showcase sellers.
6. TimeZone does not control, and is not responsible for, content on third-party websites. Do not post external links, inline frames (iframes), URLs or other references for sites where watches or related items are offered for sale, to sites where replica or counterfeit goods are sold. Do not use TimeZone to assist buyers or sellers of counterfeit goods, or to promote or endorse counterfeit goods. Do not post external links, inline frames (iframes), URLs or other references to websites offering watch discussion, to online watch magazines, to online watch newspapers, to watch blogs, or other such related watch websites.
7. Please do not post links or references to live or completed auctions. This includes auction numbers and other direct or indirect auction references. You may post links to TimeZone sponsor Antiquorum. You may discuss auctions in the Watchnet Auction Watch Forum.
8. Please do not bring outside disputes into the forums.
9. Trolls, shills, and disruptive visitors are not welcome, and their posts will be removed.
10. Please observe any additional guidelines in each forum, as those are considered part of the TimeZone Guidelines and User Agreement.
TimeZone is a semi-private, conditional use website. By using TimeZone, you agree to abide by and accept this User Agreement as well as all guidelines and supplemenmtal guidelines posted on the site, which are hereby incorporated by reference. TimeZone Guideline violations may result in the suspension or revocation of posting privileges on TimeZone and on Watchnet with or without formal notice. Any action taken by TimeZone is in our sole discretion. These Guidelines are updated from time to time and updates are binding on all community members as signified by your continued use of the site, so please check these guidelines occasionally. If you have any questions about the TZ Guidelines, please contact Jessica at email@example.com.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by TimeZone or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No copying or distribution of material on this website for any commercial or business use is permitted without TimeZone’s prior written consent. No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of this website is permitted without our prior written consent. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this website are reserved to TimeZone.
If you believe that content posted on TimeZone infringes your copyright, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide specific information about the location of the content in question on TimeZone and about your copyright.
TimeZone is an independently owned discussion, information and education web site. We have no retail operations, and we are not affiliated with any retailer or television sales program.
Messages posted on TimeZone sometimes include links to other Internet sites. TimeZone does not endorse any such sites or their content. By posting on TimeZone, you grant TimeZone a royalty-free, nonexclusive license to display, modify, and preserve your content on our server. This provision does not apply to content for which TimeZone has entered into a separate license or purchase agreement.
The opinions posted on TimeZone are solely those of the author. TimeZone does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any message, and TimeZone is not responsible for the contents of any message. Those giving advice on this site may not be experts, and you follow advice posted by community members at your own risk. By providing you with the ability to distribute your content, TimeZone is acting as a passive conduit for such distribution. TimeZone does not select the material to be posted, or selectively determine who will receive the material. TimeZone reserves the right to monitor some, all, or no areas of this site for adherence to these rules or applicable law. TimeZone reserves the right to remove, edit, move, or generate a copy of any post and to suspend or revoke the posting privileges of any person or entity either temporarily or permanently. Revocations are within the sole discretion of TimeZone.com management and are not subject to appeal or challenge. Revocations apply regardless of user, screen or entity name. Suspended users may not post or otherwise participate on TimeZone either directly or indirectly through entities, fictitious names, third parties, or otherwise. Posting for or on behalf of a suspended user is grounds for revocation of posting privileges. Continued participation on TimeZone.com by a suspended user may constitute a trespass, a violation of the user’s ISP rules, or other civil and/or criminal violation(s), and TimeZone.com reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies against such violators, to report the matter to the user’s ISP(s), and to refer such matters to local, state, and/or federal authorities, or to international authorities and authorities in the user’s home country.
Prohibited Use. You agree not to use this website: to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website except where expressly permitted on the website; to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from this website to any third party except where expressly permitted on this website; in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring TimeZone or Watchnet into disrepute.
Resolution of Disputes. In the event a legal dispute arises between you and TimeZone, you and and TimeZone agree that any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this User Agreement or your participation on TimeZone.com (“Claims”) shall be resolved in accordance with one of the 3 subparagraphs below or as otherwise mutually agreed by the parties in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we ask that you to first contact TimeZone to seek a resolution and we will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation, as an alternative to litigation.
A. Binding Arbitration. For any Claim (excluding Claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, you or TimeZone may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration conducted by telephone, on-line and/or through written submissions where no in-person appearance is required. In such cases, the arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS in accordance with their rules, or any other established Alternative Dispute Resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
B. Court. Alternatively, any Claim may be adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York or where the defendant is located (for TimeZone, New York City, New York, and for you, your home address or principal place of business). You and TimeZone agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York.
C. Alternative Dispute Resolution. Alternatively, TimeZone will consider use of other forms of dispute resolution such as binding arbitration to be held in New York County, New York or another location mutually agreed to by the parties.
All Claims except requests for injunctive or equitable relief must be resolved using the dispute resolution mechanism that is selected in accordance with the 3 subparagraphs above by the first party to file a Claim. Should either party file an action contrary to this Disputes section, the other party may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1500, provided that the party seeking the award has notified the other party in writing of the improperly filed Claim, and the other party has failed to withdraw the Claim.